Certain durable medical equipment may be covered by your health insurance. Check with your health insurance provider to see if it is covered with a doctor’s order.

Advanced Medical Solutions, Inc.
2040 Aurelius Rd, Ste. 1-A
Holt, MI 48842
(517) 709-3181
www.amsdme.com

Airway Oxygen Home Medical Equipment
1035 Mak-Tech Dr
Lansing, MI 48906
(517) 322-2818
www.airwayoxygeninc.com

Amigo Mobility
Mobility Scooters
6693 Dixie Hwy
Bridgeport, MI 48722
(800)692-6446
www.myamigo.com

Apothecary Shop
737 North Grand Ave
Lansing, MI 48906
(517)482-0882

Carelinc
1605 Haslett Rd
Haslett, MI 48840
(517) 485-9588/888-810-5462
www.carelincmed.com

Hart Medical Equipment
6250 S. Cedar, Ste.17
Lansing, MI 48911
517-489-5350
www.hartmedical.org/locations/

J&B Medical Supply
50496 Pontiac Trail
Wixom, MI 48393|
(800) 737-0045
www.jandbmedical.com

Sparrow Medical Supply
www.sparrow.org/MedicalSupply

915 E. Michigan Ave
Lansing, MI 48912
(517) 364-2115 OR (877) 205-3500

2909 E. Grand River Ave
Lansing, MI 48912
(517) 364-8640

201 S. Cochran
Charlotte, MI 48813
(517) 543-0978

1015 Charlevoix Dr
Grand Ledge, MI 48837
(517) 627-9345

306 Elm St
St. Johns, MI 48879
(989) 224-6730

129 S. Putnam
Williamston, MI 48895
(517)655-1015

Wrights & Filippis
1438 E. Michigan Ave
Lansing, MI 48912
(517) 484-2624
www.firsttoserve.com

Medical Equipment Loan Closets

Sometimes you can get durable medical equipment through a local loan closet. You can search for loan closets across the state of Michigan at www.loanclosets.org . Along with loan closets be sure to check your local Goodwill or other thrifts shops in your area. They often have walkers and other basic equipment.

Bath Senior Center
14480 Webster Rd
Bath, MI 48808
(517) 641-5169
www.bathtownship.us/departments-services/senior-center/

Catholic Community of St. Jude
409 Wilson
DeWitt, MI 48820
(517) 669-8355
www.stjudedewitt.com

Disability Network Capital Area
2812 N. MLK Blvd
Lansing, MI 48906
(517) 999-7538
www.dncap.org

Eaton Community Palliative Care Residence and Offices
2675 S. Cochran
Charlotte, MI 48813
(517) 543-5310
www.echospice.org

First Presbyterian Church
2021 Aurelius
Holt, MI 48842
(517) 694-8151
www.fpc-holt.org

Jean R. Anderson CFW Post 7309
1243 Hull Rd
Mason, MI 48854
(517)676-3181

Muscular Dystrophy Assoc.
Greater Michigan Office
2133 University Park Dr # 400
Okemos, MI 48864
(517) 706-0348
www.mda.org

River Terrace Church
1509 River Terrace Dr
East Lansing, MI 48823
(517) 351-9059
www.riverterrace.org

St. Vincent DePaul
1020 S. Washington
Lansing, MI 48911
(517)484-5395

 

Medicare’s Wheelchair and Scooter Benefit

Medicare Part B covers power scooters, walkers and wheelchairs as durable medical equipment. In order to get these items covered you need to have a written order from your physician, have limited mobility and have a health condition that causes significant difficulty moving around your home. Medicare will not cover this equipment if it’ll be used mainly for leisure or recreational activities.

If you meet all the conditions to get Medicare Part B coverage you will pay 20% of the Medicare-approved amount after you pay your Part B deductible for the year. Medicare pays the other 80%. If you have an Advantage Plan you must contact your plan to discuss the costs and which suppliers you must use.

Michigan Assistive Technology Loan Fund

The Michigan Assistive Technology Loan Fund provides loans with low interest rates to help people with disabilities and seniors (or their family members) purchase assistive technology devices or services.  Devices can include hearing aids, wheelchairs, motorized scooters, Braille equipment and other assistive technology. For more information on eligibility and to get a copy of the application visit www.michiganloanfunds.org/atlf