Friends for Independence (FFI) is the volunteer fundraising group for the Tri-County Office on Aging. FFI volunteers support TCOA programs and services for older adults and persons with disabilities by lending their time, expertise, and passion for fundraising to TCOA.
FFI Members help support TCOA’s two main annual fundraising events, the Dinner and Auction and the Golf Outing, in a variety of ways:
- Attend Planning Committee meetings for one or both events to discuss event logistics and goals.
- Meetings for the Dinner and Auction generally occur monthly from July-November. The Golf Outing meetings generally occur monthly from February-June.
- Meetings are currently held online and via phone.
- Connect with potential sponsors and supporters.
- Solicit auction items and prizes.
- Sell raffle tickets.
- Volunteer or participate on the day of the events.
- Participate in two annual meetings (August and January) to discuss and make recommendations on allocating the previous year’s fundraising dollars.
- Encourage financial and volunteer support of TCOA services among their own networks.
FFI volunteer roles may look different for each person, depending on your interests. If you have other ideas of ways to help us build community support, or if you have fundraising experience and want to join us in another way, we encourage you to reach out!
FFI is open to new members! Please contact Casey at 517-887-1377 or CooperC@tcoa.org with any questions or for more information. You may also start the process by submitting a volunteer application and indicating interest in “Special Events.”