Older Michiganians Day is on May 11 during Senior Action Week (May 9-13, 2022.) Older Michiganians Day will be a hybrid of virtual and limited in-person advocacy activities at the Capitol. The 2022 Platform issues are:
- Support and Strengthen the Direct Care Workforce
- Rebalance Community-Based Long-Term Services and Support (LTSS)
- Expand Access to MI Choice
- Increase Access to Home and Community-Based Services
- Bridge the Digital Divide for Older Adults
Check out 4ami.org/events for information on the issue platform and event logistics. To maximize our voices, older adults and community members are asked to sign an advocacy letter to be sent to the region’s state legislators. You are invited to send your signed letters (one for your State Representative and one for your State Senator) to TCOA (attention Tammy Lemmer) at 5303 S, Cedar St, Bldg 1, Lansing, MI 48911. Letters received by Monday May 9 will be bundled and delivered to the appropriate lawmaker’s office on Wednesday, May 11.